Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Fajita Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Fajita Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Saving Money Within the Kitchen.
Until fairly recently anyone who indicated concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has totally changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living much more eco-friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. The cooking area is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
Although it may not taste as good, preparing food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. As soon as you find out it takes 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you could possibly look for more ways to use the microwave. Countertop appliances will boil water as well as steam vegetables faster than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You might think that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, however that is definitely not true. A dishwasher is especially efficient when it’s full before a cycle is started. Preserve even more money by air drying and also cool drying your dishes rather than heat drying them.
As you can see, there are plenty of little elements that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Natural living is actually something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. Largely, all it will take is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken fajita rice recipe. You can cook chicken fajita rice using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Fajita Rice:
- Get 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter, divided.
- Use 2 of bell peppers (any color), diced.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 cup of long grain rice.
- Get 1 tsp. of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt.
- Use 1/4 tsp. of dried oregano.
- Provide 1 can (4 oz.) of diced green chilis.
- Provide of Juice of 1 lime.
- Use 2 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Provide 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Provide 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken.
- Use 1/2 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese.
Instructions to make Chicken Fajita Rice:
- In a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat 2 tbsp of the butter. Once it's melted, add in the peppers and onion with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until they're softened…about 5-7 minutes. Then add the garlic and the additional tbsp of butter and cook another minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Turn the heat up to med-high and stir in the rice and seasonings. Let the rice toast for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Then stir in the diced green chiles, broth, lime juice and sour cream until it's all integrated. Place the lid on and let it come to a low boil. Once at a boil, lower the heat to low and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has absorbed..
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the cheese across the top. Place the lid back on and let the cheese melt, then serve..
If you find this Chicken Fajita Rice recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.