Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Coffee Cake in a Mug recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Coffee Cake in a Mug recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coffee Cake in a Mug recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
Mostly, people have been taught to believe that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and have to be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. There are several foods that, when you consume them, can better your mood. If you seem to be a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Put together a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc are all terrific for helping to raise your mood. This is possible since these foods are rich in magnesium which increases your production of serotonin. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical substance that dictates to the brain how to feel at any given moment. The more you have of it, the more pleasant you will feel. Not just that but nuts, particularly, are a fantastic protein source.
As you can see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you want to feel better! Try a couple of of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to coffee cake in a mug recipe. To make coffee cake in a mug you need 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Coffee Cake in a Mug:
- Provide of Cake.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter, softened.
- You need 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Use 2 tbsp of applesauce.
- Use dash of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- Use pinch of (1/8 tsp) baking powder.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- You need of Struesel Topping.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Provide 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of whipping cream, optional.
Instructions to make Coffee Cake in a Mug:
- In a small bowl, add the butter and sugar. Stir until well combined..
- Add the applesauce, vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until just combined..
- Spread the mixture evenly in the bottom of a mug..
- In another small bowl, add the struesel ingredients and mix the butter in using a fork until its a lumpy mixture..
- Place the struesel on top of the batter in the mug..
- Cook in the microwave for 50-80 seconds. Begin with 50 seconds and then microwave at 5 second intervals until the top looks barely set. I did follow the instructions to the T however it did take slightly longer that 80 seconds for me it took 90 seconds..
- Let it rest for 10 minutes as it will come out very hot and then top with whipping cream..
- Tip: I quadrupled the recipe as I was making it for 4. I did find that the cake batter came out a little dry so I did mix in a whole egg and about 4 tbsp of whole milk. If you find that yours is a little on the dry side mix in 1 tbsp in at a time until it gets to the right consistency..
In a separate bowl, combine ingredients for the crumb topping and mix together with a fork until it has a crumb-like texture. Pour mug cake batter into a microwave-safe mug and top with crumb topping. *In a cup, add coffee powder and three tablespoons of milk. Prepare your crumble by combining all the topping ingredients in a separate dish to your mug. Combine until the ingredients represent a crumbly mixture. In a mug, add the self-rising flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and mix.
If you find this Coffee Cake in a Mug recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.