Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Key Lime Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Key Lime Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Lowering costs In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently anyone who portrayed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared burden we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we cannot change things for the better without everyone’s active participation. This should happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. The kitchen is a good place to start saving energy by going more green.
Start out with replacing the lights. Do this for your house, not just the kitchen. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are usually energy-savers, and you will need to use them instead of incandescent lights. These bulbs are generally energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is definitely lower, and, even though they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. One of the advantages is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it means that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will certainly end up at a landfill site. You also have to get the habit of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a place. The family spends considerable time in the cooking area, and how often does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. And it’s not confined to the kitchen, it happens in other parts of the house at the same time. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are needed, and you’ll be astonished at the amount of electricity you save.
The kitchen on its own gives you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. It is pretty easy to live green, after all. Largely, all it takes is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to key lime pie recipe. To make key lime pie you only need 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Key Lime Pie:
- Prepare 28 oz of Sweetened condensed milk.
- Use 5 of Egg yolks plus one whole egg.
- Use 2/3 cup of Key lime juice.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of Graham cracker crumbs.
- Get 1 cup of Chopped pecans.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- Provide 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 1 pints of Heavy whipping cream.
- Take 1 cup of Sugar.
- Use 1 stick of Melted butter.
Instructions to make Key Lime Pie:
- Place egg yolks plus one whole egg in large mixing bowl. Whisk for a couple of minutes until frothy. Add 2 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk to eggs. Also, add Key lime juice here. Continue to whisk until smooth. Pour into prepared pie shell. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Let cool. I put in refrigerator overnight and add whipped cream toppling the next day. But you can top the pie after it cools down..
- Prepare pie crust. Place graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, brown sugar, and pecans in food processor. Pulse to mix ingredients. Do not over mix as the pecans will break up too much. I like to have chunks of pecans in my pie shell. Pour this mixture into 9" pie pan. Pour melted butter over mixture. Mix thoroughly and form around the pie pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes..
- Topping. In mixer whip the cream until it is very stiff. Add sugar after stuff peaks are formed to assure maximum stiffness. I use a decorator piping tool to cover the entire pie. You can simply pour topping over pie and spread if you like..
- Place completed pie in refrigerator overnight for best results..
- Some people like to add the zest of one lime finely chopped into the pie. Others will add the zest sprinkled over the topping. I do not add the zest to mine..
- Chop zest of 1 lime very fine. Then soak zest in the juice of this lime plus 1 tbsp of sugar for about 15 mins. Drain, squeeze as much liquid off as possible. Then sprinkle over top of pie for yummy garnish..
If you find this Key Lime Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Leave a Reply