Creamy Tomato Basil Soup. Cooked tomatoes and tomato juice are pureed with fresh basil leaves in this soup thickened with heavy cream. Reviews for: Photos of Rich and Creamy Tomato Basil Soup. Made with fresh tomatoes and basil, it's the perfect summer soup.
I've also included instructions for how to make it in the slow cooker and instant pot! Combine all ingredients, adding each one slowly, stirring constantly to smooth out the lumps as you go — (NOTE: I believe Michelle told me to use a hand mixer to smooth out any lumps BEFORE you add the basil, salt & pepper.). Made with diced tomatoes, cream, fresh basil, parmesan, and a surprise ingredient!
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, creamy tomato basil soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Creamy Tomato Basil Soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Cooked tomatoes and tomato juice are pureed with fresh basil leaves in this soup thickened with heavy cream. Reviews for: Photos of Rich and Creamy Tomato Basil Soup. Made with fresh tomatoes and basil, it's the perfect summer soup.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have creamy tomato basil soup using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Tomato Basil Soup:
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- Get 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Take 1 of medium onion – chopped.
- Get 3 cloves of garlic – crushed.
- Prepare 2 (14.5 oz) of cans whole tomatoes – drained.
- Prepare 6 cups of tomato juice.
- Take 4-6 tbs of granulated sugar.
- Make ready 2 tsp of chicken soup base (or 2 cubes bullion).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Get to taste of sea salt.
- Get 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil.
- Make ready of Optional garnishes (per bowl).
- Get 1 tsp of chiffonade of fresh basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare 3-4 of seasoned croutons.
- Prepare 2 tsp of shredded mozzarella or parmesan.
- Prepare of couple dashes Tabasco sauce.
- Prepare of drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Make ready pinch of cayenne powder or smoked paprika.
I think for a lot of people, soup weather is just around the corner. There is a local place here called Aloha Salads that makes the best Tomato Basil Soup I've ever eaten. It's creamy and delicious, and I have tried. Creamy Tomato Basil Soup: I am a huge fan of sandwiches, among other things.
Steps to make Creamy Tomato Basil Soup:
- Melt butter with olive oil in a 3 to 4 quart stock pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Sautee until onions are translucent. About 5 – 7 minutes..
- Transfer onion and garlic to blender. Add drained cans of whole tomatoes. Cover and pulse until you have a coarse puree. Note: You may want to vent the lid slightly so steam doesn't pop the lid off..
- Transfer puree back to stockpot over medium high heat. Add tomato juice, soup base and 3 tbs of the sugar. Taste and add up to 1 more tbs sugar at this time. Note: The sugar is used to help cut the acidity of the tomatoes. The acidity of tomatoes can vary from batch to batch so always start low when adding the sugar..
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for 20 – 25 minutes to reduce slightly (about the consistency of a thin gravy). Taste soup after it has reduced. Add pepper, salt to taste, and up to 2 tbs more sugar as needed/desired (I normally use the full 6 tbs)..
- Reduce heat to low. Once soup has stopped bubbling stir in evaporated milk until well incorporated. Then stir in chopped basil. Cover and let sit about 5 minutes for flavors to blend..
- Dish up and garnish with any combination of suggested garnishes above..
- Alternate version: For a smoother consistency, before adding evaporated milk carefully run soup through a fine mesh sieve to remove all the solids. Return to pot, then add evaporated milk and basil as in step 5..
Now there are many types of sandwiches, but that is for another time In my experience, I've found that the hot sandwich or grilled cheese experience is drastically enhanced with the presence of a creamy tomato soup. This creamy tomato basil soup comes together in no time at all in just one pot. It has a rich tomato flavour along with hints of basil. Canned tomato soup is such a classic and just perfect for a comforting lunch. Wondering what to have for lunch?
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food creamy tomato basil soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!