Roasted Tomato Basil Soup. Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions. Delicious, flavorful and the best way to use up garden tomatoes! You'll never want to go back to the canned stuff after you try this.
This vegan roasted tomato basil soup is Mediterranean Diet approved! Come in to my kitchen and let's make this together! This soup requires minimal ingredients but yields such amazing results!
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, roasted tomato basil soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Roasted Tomato Basil Soup is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Roasted Tomato Basil Soup is something that I have loved my entire life.
Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions. Delicious, flavorful and the best way to use up garden tomatoes! You'll never want to go back to the canned stuff after you try this.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have roasted tomato basil soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Roasted Tomato Basil Soup:
- Take 2 of whole tomatoes, quartered.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of san marzano mini tomatoes, halved.
- Make ready 1/4 of onion, cut in slices.
- Take 4 clove of garlic.
- Get 1 cup of fresh basil.
- Take 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Get 1 can of crushed tomatoes (15 oz).
- Take 1 can of diced fire roasted tomatoes (15 oz).
- Get 4 cup of chicken stock.
- Get 1/2 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Get 1 dash of crushed red pepper flakes.
Here you combine several pounds of fresh tomatoes (which you roast to perfection), several cups of fresh basil and a fair amount of garlic. Transfer the roasted vegetables to a slow cooker. Add the oregano, thyme, tomato paste, and vegetable stock. Using an immersion blender or a standing blender, puree the soup until creamy.
Instructions to make Roasted Tomato Basil Soup:
- Preheat oven to 400º..
- Quarter tomatoes. Half the san marzano tomatoes. Put both kind of tomatoes on a foil lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 35 minutes..
- Wrap garlic and onions drizzled with olive oil in foil and bake along with tomatoes..
- Put roasted tomatoes into a blender..
- Add diced fire roasted tomatoes and crushed tomatoes. Blend until smooth and pour into a large pot..
- Blend roasted onions, garlic, fresh basil and 1/4 cup olive oil..
- Pour the basil mixture into the tomato puree in the large pot..
- Add 4 cups of chicken stock, dried basil, salt & pepper..
- Add white wine and a dash of crushed red pepper flakes..
- Simmer for an hour and a half on low for flavors to blend. Serve with a grilled cheese sandwich or your favorite sides..
Stack and roll the basil leaves, then thinly slice. With fresh roasted tomatoes, garlic, caramelized onions, and basil, this delicious Homemade Tomato Basil Soup Recipe is easily enjoyed year-round. Everyone has their own favorite tomato soup. For some, it's rich and creamy, while others may prefer a fresher, lighter soup with roasted tomatoes. Slowly roasting fresh tomatoes brings a smoky goodness to this comforting soup.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food roasted tomato basil soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Leave a Reply