Caramel Apple Baked French Toast. Baked French toast with apples and caramel sauce. The consistency of the finished recipe will be similar to bread pudding! A glass baking pan will help prevent the toast from sticking.
This easy overnight caramel apple streusel French Toast bake is the perfect lazy weekend breakfast. Overnight French Toast Bakes are one of best things we look forward to on the weekend….especially since there's no need to spend an hour slaving over the stove for a hot breakfast. Combine the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, caramel apple baked french toast. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Baked French toast with apples and caramel sauce. The consistency of the finished recipe will be similar to bread pudding! A glass baking pan will help prevent the toast from sticking.
Caramel Apple Baked French Toast is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Caramel Apple Baked French Toast is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have caramel apple baked french toast using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Caramel Apple Baked French Toast:
- Get of Caramel Base.
- Get 1 cup of Packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Unsalted butter.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of Maple syrup.
- Get 1 tbsp of Light corn syrup.
- Get 1 pinch of salt.
- Get 3/4 cup of Chopped pecans.
- Take 2 of Granny Smith apples – cubed.
- Get of French Toast.
- Make ready 10 of 1-2" thick bread slices (any kind you like).
- Take 6 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of 1/2 & 1/2.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Take 1 pinch of salt.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon (optional).
- Get 1/4 cup of maple syrup (optional).
Mix up this Caramel Apple French Toast recipe with other fruit, such as any variety of pears or quince. Apples, pears and quince all belong to the rose family, surprisingly. Other fruits in the same family include apricots, plums, cherries, peaches and raspberries! The more delicate the fruit, the less.
Steps to make Caramel Apple Baked French Toast:
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray..
- In a medium sauce pan over med-low heat combine butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and corn syrup. Stir frequently until sugar and butter are completely melted, approx 8 minutes. Core, peel and chop the apples in to small pieces (not too small so you'll still have good texture). Once the caramel is ready add your apples and nuts while still on the heat. Stir until coated then pour the caramel mixture into the prepared baking dish distributing evenly..
- Mix the eggs, 1/2 & 1/2, vanilla, salt, syrup and cinnamon together until thoroughly combined. Arrange the sliced bread (I like french) over the caramel in a single layer. Pour the custard over evenly. Cover tightly with foil.
- At this point you can leave the dish out on the counter for an hour to soak or you can refrigerate it over night. If using the over night method take it out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to baking to come to room temperature..
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the casserole in the oven covered and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and bake an additional 25 to 30 until the top is golden and the center is set. Once baked, allow to cool and set for 5-10 minutes before serving..
- Another little extra that I like to do is once the cover comes off I'll sprinkle it with a little extra brown sugar for some texture. Also, its nice to dust it with cinnamon and powdered sugar right before serving. This is a terrific dish for a holiday breakfast, brunch or potluck. Enjoy!.
Caramel topping, French toast-style bread and baked apples make one flavorful breakfast bake. Dip bread slices into egg mixture, making sure bread is completely drenched in egg mixture; arrange in single layer over topping in dish. Wake up to the smell of baked apples, caramel and cinnamon. Best when made the night ahead, this gluten-free dish is perfect for hosting an allergy-friendly brunch! A delicious baked french toast casserole with apples and salted caramel.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food caramel apple baked french toast recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Leave a Reply