Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Fried corn succotash recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fried corn succotash recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. However, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle demands. Working out at the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some tips to be as healthy as possible.
When you go to the grocery store, be sensible about it. If you make smart decisions when you are shopping for your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think for a second: you don’t want to go to a chaotic grocery store or sit in a lengthy line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You’re going to go home and make what you have in the cupboards. Make sure that what you have on hand is healthy. By doing this, even when you determine that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are lots of things you can go after to become healthy. An costly gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Make smart choices every day is a great start. A good amount of physical activity each day is also important. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about reducing your weight. It has more to do with making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fried corn succotash recipe. You can cook fried corn succotash using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Fried corn succotash:
- Get of corn.
- Get 1/2 of green pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of red pepper.
- Provide 1/2 of red onion.
- Get 1/2 of white onion.
- You need 3 of cobs of corn.
- Provide 1 packages of frozen okra.
- Take 1 can (8 oz) of can of tomato sauce.
- Get 1 can (14.5 oz) of stewed tomatoes.
- You need 2 slice of bacon.
- Provide 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- Use 1 of black pepper.
- You need 1 of red pepper flakes.
- Get 1 of onion powder.
Instructions to make Fried corn succotash:
- Shuck and boil your corn cobs in salted water for about 10 mins. Makes it easier to cut your corn off the cob..
- Fry 2 to 3 strips of bacon in cooking oil. While bacon is cooking cut up your peppers and onions..
- Use a fork to chop up bacon. In the same pan that you cooked the bacon put your onions and peppers in and start to sautee along with the bacon. I like to use a cast iron skillet. Feel free to use any large cooking skillet. Also feel free to leave out bacon for a vegetarian recipe..
- Add salt, pepper and onion powder to vegetables and bacon. I like some red pepper flakes to balance the sweetness. I was heavy on the red pepper flakes..
- Take your corn off the heat and run under cold water. Let cool and cut your corn off the cob. Add to skillet with other ingredients. Keep stirring and let your ingredients mix well..
- Add your stick of butter a very small amount of water and turn your heat way down on your pan and cover. This helps your corn to soften up..
- Take your okra out the freezer and slice. Much easier to slice them frozen. I didn't use the entire bag I only used about a quarter of the bag or about 10 pieces..
- Add your sliced okra to your skillet, your can of tomato sauce and your can of stewed tomatoes with liquid. Do not drain them..
- Check the flavor and addore salt, pepper and onion powder to desired taste. Keep the flame low and simmer for about another 45 mins. Stir occasionally. I like to serve mines over white rice with sweet corn bread on the side. Enjoy!!.
If you find this Fried corn succotash recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.