Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Southern Style Cornbread Dressing recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern Style Cornbread Dressing recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the conclusion of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. We want a delicious, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthful.
Consider the stairs. Instead of picking the elevator, climb the stairs to your floor. Obviously this isn’t as possible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a excellent way to get some exercise in. Even if your office or home is on one of the highest floors, you can choose to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the rest of the way. Most people will decide to be idle and take an elevator instead of opting for exercise on the stairs. That one flight of stairs—when taken a several times a day—can be just the additional boost that your system needs.
There are lots of things you can pursue to become healthy. Extensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the solution. You can do tiny things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the selections you make each day is a start. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also critical. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your health levels. You need to help make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to southern style cornbread dressing recipe. You can cook southern style cornbread dressing using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Southern Style Cornbread Dressing:
- You need of Buttermilk cornbread.
- Use 1 cup of corn meal.
- Get 1 cup of all-purpose flour, use rice flour for GF.
- Get 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Take 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 of eggs lightly beaten.
- Get 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Use 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted.
- Get of Cornbread Stuffing.
- Get 1 of 14 oz bag herb season stuffing mix, Pepperidge Farm makes a great one, there are several GF options if you prefer.
- Provide 2 stick of unsalted butter.
- Get 2 cup of fine chopped onion.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- Provide 3 clove of minced garlic.
- Get 5 cup of chicken or turkey stock.
- Provide 5 of eggs lightly beaten.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh sage.
- Get 3 of sprigs thyme, leaves only.
- Take 3 of tablespoons poultry seasoning blend.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Steps to make Southern Style Cornbread Dressing:
- for cornbread, grease a 10" cast iron skillet and place in oven and preheat to 425.
- in large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients for cornbread, in separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients and then combine with dry ingredients. stir until just incorporated.
- pour batter in preheated skillet and smooth to edges, bake until golden but not over dry, about 16 minutes. remove from skillet immediately to completely cool.
- for cornbread dressing, preheat oven to 350. in a LARGE stock pot, crumble cornbread and mix in stuffing mix and stir in poultry seasoning.
- saute onion and celery in one stick of butter until translucent and stir into cornbread mixture.
- melt remaining stick of butter and in a large mixing bowl combine butter, stock, eggs, sage, and thyme.
- add stock mixture to cornbread mixture, stir well to thoroughly combine, season with salt and pepper.
- pour in to a well greased 9 x 13 casserole dish and bake at 350 uncovered until set, about 45 minutes.
- If doing the gluten free version check in early.. It tends to brown faster… Almost had a disaster.
If you find this Southern Style Cornbread Dressing recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.