Easy Mackerel Fish Cakes. You have got to try this Mackerel Fish Cakes Recipe!! Yes, I know, whoever thought of making fish cake recipe out of Mackerel. Most fish cakes are made out of white fish such as the Cod or Haddock.
The Mackerel Fish belongs to the "Scombridae. Roll the fishcakes in the flour, shaking off any excess, then dip in the egg, followed by the breadcrumbs. Cover and chill until ready to cook.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, easy mackerel fish cakes. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
You have got to try this Mackerel Fish Cakes Recipe!! Yes, I know, whoever thought of making fish cake recipe out of Mackerel. Most fish cakes are made out of white fish such as the Cod or Haddock.
Easy Mackerel Fish Cakes is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Easy Mackerel Fish Cakes is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have easy mackerel fish cakes using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Mackerel Fish Cakes:
- Make ready 350 g of potatoes, diced and pre-cooked until tender,.
- Make ready 1 tin (125 g) of mackerel fillets in tomato sauce,.
- Make ready of Salt and pepper to season,.
- Get 1/2 tsp of dried dill,.
- Get 1 of egg,.
- Make ready 1 of heaped tsp butter,.
- Make ready of Cooking Oil for frying.
Can be prepared up to a day ahead, or frozen. Flake the mackerel into large chunks and add to the potato mixture, stir gently until all the ingredients are well mixed. Do not over mix or the fish will turn to mush. Roll each sixth into a ball, dip into the flour and roll until evenly coated.
Instructions to make Easy Mackerel Fish Cakes:
- In a large bowl add the cooked potatoes and season with a little salt and pepper. Add the butter and then mash them up using a potato masher. Add in the dill and the tinned mackerel plus the egg. Using a wooden spoon, stir everything together until completely combined..
- Cover the mixture then refrigerate until the mixture becomes former and less sloppy in consistency. This shouldn't take too long, maybe 20-30 mins at most..
- Heat up a skillet or non stick frying pan and pour in a little oil. Whilst the oil heats up, take the fish cake mixture and form into patties, by first wetting your hands so it doesn't stick then rolling into balls and flattening down..
- Add the fish cakes into the hot oil and fry in batches over a medium heat until warmed through and golden on both sides. Leave on some kitchen towel to remove any excess oil then serve up and enjoy. :).
Canned mackerel fish cakes are flavored with garlic, onions, chopped cilantro, Dijon mustard, hot sauce and lemon juice. These are then coated with seasoned panko breadcrumbs and pan fried in a cast iron skillet. Serve this with a spicy mayo remoulade and you have a flavor explosion situation. It is particularly good in fish cakes. You can look beyond mackerel as well!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food easy mackerel fish cakes recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!