Tres Leches (3 Milk Cake). This light and fluffy tres leches cake recipe uses four types of milk and is topped with whipped cream, making it extra moist and delicious. This cake is made with three layers: Cake, filling, and topping. How to make THE BEST Tres Leches Cake
Meanwhile, pour condensed milk, evaporated milk and heavy cream into a bowl. Transfer half of the liquid to a small saucepan. Whole milk, sweetened condensed milk & evaporated milk make this cake super moist, and a whipped cream frosting takes over the top!
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, tres leches (3 milk cake). One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Tres Leches (3 Milk Cake) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Tres Leches (3 Milk Cake) is something which I have loved my entire life.
This light and fluffy tres leches cake recipe uses four types of milk and is topped with whipped cream, making it extra moist and delicious. This cake is made with three layers: Cake, filling, and topping. How to make THE BEST Tres Leches Cake
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have tres leches (3 milk cake) using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Tres Leches (3 Milk Cake):
- Get of Cake Mixture:.
- Make ready 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of baking powder.
- Get 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 5 large of Eggs, seperated.
- Make ready 1 cup of white sugar.
- Get 1/3 cup of whole milk.
- Take 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Tres Leche Mixture:.
- Take 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Take 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of orange extract.
- Make ready of Whipped Cream Topping:.
- Make ready 1 pints of whipping cream.
- Take 3 tbsp of white sugar.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Maraschino cherries for garnish.
This rich Latin American butter cake gets its moist texture from soaking in milk. Serve it chilled and with whipped cream, melted chocolate, or dulce de leche. Cecilia Velasco, from Mexico City and a former chef at Tres Meridas restaurant in Frisco, Texas, shares her recipe. Tres leches—or "three milks" in Spanish—is just a very moist cake that's enriched with two forms of concentrated milk and rich cream.
Steps to make Tres Leches (3 Milk Cake):
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch cake pan. Set aside..
- Sift all dry ingredients, EXCEPT for the white sugar and set bowl aside..
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg yolks with 3/4 cup of sugar on high till pale yellow and almost doubled in volume. Stir in the milk and vanilla extract. Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and stir ever so gently until well combined..
- Beat the egg whites on high until soft peaks form. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and beat until the egg whites are stiff, but not dry..
- Fold the egg white mixture into the batter very gently until well combined. Pour the batter into the 9×13 pan. Smooth out the batter with an offset spatula..
- Bake the cake until done, about 30-35 minutes. Remove cake from oven and let cool in pan for about 15 minutes. Turn over onto a rimmed platter. Pierce holes all over the cake with a fork. Be careful not to break the cake while doing this..
- LECHE MIXTURE: Add all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until well combined. About 5-7 minutes..
- Pour the leche mixture all over the cake slowly. Being sure that the whole cake gets soaked up with the liquid. Place cake in refrigerator to allow cooling for about 20 minutes while you work on making the whipped topping..
- WHIPPED ICING: In a stand mixture pour the pint of whipping cream. Beat on low for 3 minutes. Gradually increase the speed and start adding the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Now add the vanilla extract. Beat the whipped topping until firm. Ice the whole cake and garnish with maraschino cherries if desired. Place cake back into refrigerator for atleast 2 hours to firm up. The colder, the better..
The full dairy and vanilla flavors are a favorite in the southern U. Try serving this cake topped with a fresh berry or tropical fruit compote. A traditional three milk cake, known as tres leches — a sweet treat for special occasions. Tres leches is a moist and subtly sweet cake made with sponge cake and three different kinds of milk. Tres leches cake is a dense, moist dessert consisting of a sponge cake covered with three types of milk: evaporated, condensed, and whole milk.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food tres leches (3 milk cake) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!