Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Sage, onion, sausage and chestnut stuffing for your Christmas dinner recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Sage, onion, sausage and chestnut stuffing for your Christmas dinner recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sage, onion, sausage and chestnut stuffing for your Christmas dinner recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Every person knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. When our work day is finished, most people do not want to go to the gym. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be irritating. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some tips to be as healthful as possible.
Choose water over other drinks. Soda and coffee, when ingested in small amounts, aren’t that bad. It is definitely, however, a bad idea to only drink soda or coffee. Choosing water as opposed to other beverage adds to your body’s health and helps it stay hydrated. This also helps you lower your caloric intake by hundreds of points without requiring you to buy and eat disgusting diet foods. Successful weight loss efforts often depend entirely on water intake.
There are plenty of things you can pursue to become healthy. An costly gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. Little things, when done each day, can do a great deal to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your lifestyle choices. It is more about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sage, onion, sausage and chestnut stuffing for your christmas dinner recipe. To cook sage, onion, sausage and chestnut stuffing for your christmas dinner you only need 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sage, onion, sausage and chestnut stuffing for your Christmas dinner:
- Use 210 of x g sage and onion stuffing mix (or dry bread crumb).
- Provide 425 ml of boiling water.
- Provide 1 of x large white onion.
- Get 2 of x apples grated.
- Use 1 of x small bunch sage (or other herb of your choice).
- Provide 440 of x g sausage meat.
- Prepare 40 of x g butter.
- Prepare 200 of x g chestnuts.
- Take to taste of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Sage, onion, sausage and chestnut stuffing for your Christmas dinner:
- Add boiling water to stuffing mixture and stir, while this mixture cools and thickens chop the onion..
- Sweat onions but don't brown then add to the bread mixture and stir.
- If using sausages score and remove the skin, pick the sage leaves and then chop..
- Combine sage with stuffing mix, grate the apple and add that, mix.
- Add the sausage and mix followed by the chestnuts.
- Season with salt and pepper then form into a baking dish.
- Or you can form a large log shape on greased baking parchment and roll like a Christmas cracker then surround with a couple of layers of tin foil..
- Form the log tight, garnish the top of the stuffing with some extra sage leaves or cranberries for example, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 190c for about 30 minutes. In the last image you can see the oven dish stuffing with a lovely golden crust.
- The log stuffing should be made a day or 2 ahead of time so that you can unwrap it when cold and carve, just make sure the slices are at least a couple of cm thickness.
- Arrange slices of stuffing on a baking tray and re-heat until nice and toasty, the 2nd image shows the sliced stuffing and the 3rd image shows the oven dish stuffing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEHlNwpbZG4.
If you find this Sage, onion, sausage and chestnut stuffing for your Christmas dinner recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.