Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Easy Garlicky Cheddar Biscuits w/Self-Rising Flour recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy Garlicky Cheddar Biscuits w/Self-Rising Flour recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Garlicky Cheddar Biscuits w/Self-Rising Flour recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Can save you Cash.
Until fairly recently anyone who indicated concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared obligation we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. This should happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The cooking area is a good place to start saving energy by going more green.
Changing light bulbs is actually as good a spot to start as any. Naturally you shouldn’t confine this to just the cooking area. The typical light bulbs are the incandescent type, which should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. They cost somewhat more at first, but they last ten times longer, and use much less electricity. Utilizing these longer-lasting lightbulbs has the particular benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. Along with different light bulbs, you have to learn to leave the lights off when they are not needed. In the kitchen is where you’ll usually come across members of a family, and often the lights are not turned off until the last person goes to bed. And it’s not limited to the kitchen, it takes place in other parts of the house also. Do an exercise if you like; take a look at how much electricity you can save by turning the lights off as soon as you don’t need them.
As you can see, there are plenty of little elements that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Efficient living is something we can all do, without difficulty. It’s about being practical, more often than not.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy garlicky cheddar biscuits w/self-rising flour recipe. You can have easy garlicky cheddar biscuits w/self-rising flour using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easy Garlicky Cheddar Biscuits w/Self-Rising Flour:
- You need of topping.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter, melted.
- You need 1 pinch of of garlic powder.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning.
- Prepare of biscuit.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Use 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of cold butter, cut into small pieces.
- Provide 2 cup of self-rising flour.
Steps to make Easy Garlicky Cheddar Biscuits w/Self-Rising Flour:
- preheat oven to 425°F.
- add cold butter pieces to flour, cut into flour until crumbly (I start with a pastry cutter, but then use my hands, and just rub the butter and flour between my fingers).
- add 1/2 C milk, mix together, adding more milk if needed, until mixture pulls from side of bowl and sticks together.
- add cheese, mix well (it's easier to mix this in with your hands to be sure the cheese is evenly distributed) keep mixing until all/most of cheese sticks in dough, instead of falling back into bowl.
- roll dough out flat, approximately 1/2 – 3/4 inches thick.
- cut biscuits from dough, either using biscuit cutter or an upturned glass, repeat steps 5 & 6 until theres only enough dough left for one biscuit, shape by hand & add to others (this one will be the ugly- I mean, 'rustic' biscuit, lol).
- place cut biscuits on baking sheet about 1" apart, bake until tops are nicely browned (this took approximately 12 minutes in my oven).
- while biscuits are baking, add topping ingredients together in a bowl, stirring well. (this should smell VERY garlicky, and ingredients can be adjusted more or less to your taste).
- once biscuits are done, remove from oven and immediately brush tops of biscuits with garlic butter mixture, repeating until it's gone. (make sure you get the herby bits from the bottom of the bowl while brushing! don't leave them behind!).
- as soon as they're cool enough to handle, eat & enjoy!.
- Notes: *this recipe is great for people with egg allergies! – – *even the two pickiest eaters in the house loved these, so they should be a hit as long as garlic isn't a problem ;-).
- Caution: if your family loves biscuits, or you're serving more than 4, you might want to double (or triple) this recipe… I got 9 biscuits from this, and with 3 adults eating, we only had 2 left!.
- Notes II: I adapted this recipe from a recipe I found on the King Arthur Flour website for plain Self-Rising Flour Biscuits..
If you find this Easy Garlicky Cheddar Biscuits w/Self-Rising Flour recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.