Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Pot Roast recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Pot Roast recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pot Roast recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Can save you Dollars.
Until fairly recently any person who indicated concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has completely changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. These types of modifications need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Read on for some methods to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
A lot of energy is actually wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not running efficiently. In case you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old versions that are more than ten years old. Always keeping the temperature of the fridge at 37F, along with 0F for the freezer, will save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. You can certainly cut down how often the motor has to run by regularly cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
From the above it should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living is definitely something we can all perform, without difficulty. It’s concerning being practical, most of the time.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pot roast recipe. You can have pot roast using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pot Roast:
- Get 3-4 lb of boneless chuck roast, trimmed.
- Prepare 2 of large yellow onions; large dice.
- You need 3 stalks of celery; large dice.
- You need 3 of carrots; about 1/4" inch thick.
- Get 2 of large Idaho potatoes; peeled & large dice.
- Take 4 cloves of garlic; creamed.
- Prepare 4 C of beef stock.
- Use 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 1 T of tomato paste.
- Take 2 T of fresh rosemary; minced.
- Provide 2 t of fresh thyme; minced.
- Use 1/4 C of worcestershire sauce.
- Use as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
- Provide as needed of vegetable oil.
- Use as needed of fresh parsley; minced.
Instructions to make Pot Roast:
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Season roast with half the thyme and rosemary, salt, and pepper..
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe pot or dutch oven. Sear roast on all sides and remove to a plate..
- Add onions, carrots, and the remaining rosemary and thyme. Cook until onions begin to caramelize. Add garlic. Cook 30 seconds..
- Add tomato paste. Cook 1 minute..
- Add worcestershire sauce. Scrape up any brown bits remaining on the bottom of the pot. Cook until nearly dry..
- Return roast to pot. Add broth and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer. Cover..
- Transfer to oven. Cook for 3-4 hours or until roast is tender..
- Garnish with parsley..
- Variations; Cola, roasted garlic, bouqet garni, canola oil, bacon fat, crushed pepper flakes, red potatoes, fingerlings, sweet potatoes, turnips, rutabaga, parsnip, butternut squash, acorn squash, scallions, chives, leeks, red wine, beer, root beer, oregano, zucchini, green beans, bell peppers, jalapeños, paprika, shallots, pearl onion, asparagus, fennel, dried onion soup mix, chile puree, mushrooms.
If you find this Pot Roast recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.