Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best French Toast for One recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Toast for One recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Could save you Cash.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the environment were tree huggers as well as hippies? Those days are over, and it appears we all recognize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the industry experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. Each and every family ought to start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. The kitchen is a good starting point saving energy by going much more green.
Why don’t we begin with something not that hard, changing the actual light bulbs. Of course you shouldn’t confine this to only the kitchen area. You should upgrade your incandescent lights with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. Although costing a little more initially, these bulbs last as long as ten of the standard type as well as using a lot less energy. Using these kinds of longer-lasting lightbulbs has the actual benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. Coupled with different light bulbs, you have to learn to leave the lights off when they are not needed. The family spends major time in the kitchen, and how typically does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. This likewise takes place in the rest of the house, but we are trying to save money in the kitchen. Try keeping the lights off until you absolutely need them, and see how much electricity you can save.
The kitchen by itself gives you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. It is pretty straightforward to live green, after all. It’s related to being sensible, usually.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french toast for one recipe. To make french toast for one you need 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook French Toast for One:
- Provide 2 of thick slices of bread (~ 3/4"). I like brioche, challah, and Texas toast. Slightly stale is even better.
- Get of extra maple syrup or powdered sugar to finish.
- Get of butter for cooking.
- Get of Custard ingredients:.
- Provide 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of whole milk (If you like it richer, you can use half and half or cream. If lighter, lowfat milk.).
- Take 1 pinch of kosher salt.
- Get a few of grinds (or small pinch) of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Use 1 teaspoon of maple syrup or sugar.
Instructions to make French Toast for One:
- In a medium bowl, mix all the custard ingredients and beat or whisk until thoroughly combined. (Sometimes I like to pick out the chalaza, which is the twisty white cord from the egg.).
- Pour the custard mixture in a baking dish and soak your bread in the custard, flipping after about 20 seconds to make sure both sides absorb the mixture..
- Preheat your frypan to medium, melt about a Tablespoon of butter on it and spread it around..
- Cook your French Toast for about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until each side is golden brown, and the center of the bread has firmed up from the custard cooking through. If you see that the toast is browning too quickly for the custard to cook through without burning the toast, turn the heat down just a bit..
- If you can't fit both whole pieces of bread on your pan or griddle, cutting the bread slices in half might enable you to arrange them so you can cook them in one batch..
- Enjoy with a drizzle of maple syrup or sprinkling of powdered sugar. :).
If you find this French Toast for One recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.