Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Black handkerchief pasta with cuttlefish, mussels, prawn and chilli recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Black handkerchief pasta with cuttlefish, mussels, prawn and chilli recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Black handkerchief pasta with cuttlefish, mussels, prawn and chilli recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Spending less Within the Kitchen.
Until fairly recently anyone who indicated concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it seems we all recognize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the industry experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some adjustments. Each and every family must start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. The kitchen area is a good starting point saving energy by going a lot more green.
You may well prefer cooking with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you much less money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is definitely greater by 75%, and possibly this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When compared with your stove, you can make boiled water as well as steamed vegetables faster, and use considerably less energy, by using countertop appliances. You might believe that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, but that is not true. A dishwasher is especially economical when it’s full before a cycle is going. Conserve even more money by air drying or cool drying your dishes rather than heat drying them.
From the above it should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Environmentally friendly living just isn’t that tough. Largely, all it takes is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to black handkerchief pasta with cuttlefish, mussels, prawn and chilli recipe. You can have black handkerchief pasta with cuttlefish, mussels, prawn and chilli using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Black handkerchief pasta with cuttlefish, mussels, prawn and chilli:
- Use of black pasta dough.
- Take 280 g of strong white plain flour.
- Get 2 of eggs.
- Provide 25 g of squid ink.
- Get 1 pinch of salt.
- Take of the sauce.
- You need 1 of whole cuttlefish.
- You need 4 of large size prawns.
- Get 3 tbs of olive oil.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Get 1 of finely chopped celery stick.
- You need 1 of finely chopped carrot.
- Take 1 of small red onion, finely chopped.
- Provide 1/2 bunch of thyme, leaves only.
- Use 600 ml of dry white wine.
- Get 500 of g, scrubbed and de-bearded mussels.
- You need 3 tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Use 2 of birds eye chillies, de-seeded and chopped.
- Get 1/2 bunch of chervil, chopped.
Steps to make Black handkerchief pasta with cuttlefish, mussels, prawn and chilli:
- Black Pasta Dough:.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour, add salt and in a separate bowl add squid ink to eggs and whisk. Add egg mix to flour and begin to combine working from the outer edge to the middle until dough has formed. Knead for 5 minutes then cover and rest for 20 minutes..
- After dough has rested set your pasta machine to the thickest setting and begin putting your dough through, gradually lowering the settings to achieve a thin sheet of pasta. (You may need to dust with flour every 2nd or 3rd roll though to help the sheet not to stick.) When you have a very thin sheet of pasta, cut the sheets 8cm by 8cm and in portion groups of 8 squares per person. Set aside..
- The Sauce:.
- Clean the cuttlefish by removing the hard cuttlebone found inside the body along with any other organs. Trim the tentacles and chop, set aside. Remove the skin from the cuttlefish and slice thinly then add to tentacles..
- Remove the shells from the prawns, de-vein and chop, set aside..
- In a heavy base pot heat the cottonseed oil and add the 2 cloves of crushed garlic then add the chopped celery, carrot, onion and thyme, add the wine and cook for 3 mins then add mussels, cover and steam for 3-4 mins or until mussels have opened..
- Remove from the heat and take the mussels out, strain liquid and reserve for later. Remove mussel meat from the shell, chop and set aside..
- To Assemble:.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil..
- Warm a pan and add the extra virgin oil, do not heat to smoking point. Lightly poach cuttlefish and prawns in oil then quickly add garlic and chilli, cook for a further minute and remove seafood and oil to awaiting bowl. Return pan to heat and turn up gas, add about 80ml of mussel stock and begin to put pasta in the boiling water one at a time stirring when you finish..
- Cook pasta for one minute then remove and add to the pan, (you may need to add a little of the pasta water if your stock has reduced to far) add seafood and oil mix and begin to emulsify the oil and stock by tossing the pasta in the pan, check your seasoning and finish with chopped chervil, plate and serve..
If you find this Black handkerchief pasta with cuttlefish, mussels, prawn and chilli recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Leave a Reply