Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Southern Skillet Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern Skillet Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Working out at the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some basic ways to get healthy.
Choose water over other products. Having a soda or cup of coffee once in awhile won’t hurt you too badly. Getting all of your hydration from them is a horrendous idea. Choosing water as an alternative to other beverage adds to your body’s health and allows it stay hydrated. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Effective weight loss efforts often depend entirely on water consumption.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy and balanced. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. Little things, when done each day, can do plenty to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being clever when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. It has more to do with making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southern skillet cornbread recipe. You can have southern skillet cornbread using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Southern Skillet Cornbread:
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Get 2 cups of buttermilk.
- Provide 1 1/2 cups of yellow cornmeal.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- Use 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Get 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Get 2 tsp of granulated sugar (or 1-2 tbsp molasses).
- You need 1 tbsp of high-smokepoint fat, like bacon grease or canola oil.
Steps to make Southern Skillet Cornbread:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Add fat to a 10-in cast iron skillet and put into the oven while preheating..
- Melt butter and set aside to cool..
- Beat eggs. Whisk in buttermilk. Slowly stream in butter while whisking. Add molasses, if desired..
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar). Add wet ingredients and whisk thoroughly..
- Remove cast iron from oven when it reaches temp. Rotate/twist to ensure even coating of grease..
- Quickly add batter to center of pan (it will bubble and sizzle a LOT!). Gently spread out if needed (don't scrape the pan)..
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until deeply browned and pulling away from the sides. Cool 15 minutes in the pan. Serve while still warm, with butter and honey..
- The original recipe, from my spouse's great grandma..
If you find this Southern Skillet Cornbread recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.