Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Candied Yams recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Candied Yams recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Can save you Cash.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the ecosystem. That has completely changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some improvements. These kinds of adjustments need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The kitchen is a good starting point saving energy by going much more green.
A lot of electrical power is definitely wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not working efficiently. If you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old versions that are more than ten years old. The right temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving energy and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and also 0F. Another way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, because the motor won’t have to go as often.
The kitchen by itself offers you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. Efficient living is something we can all perform, without difficulty. It’s concerning being practical, usually.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to candied yams recipe. You can cook candied yams using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Candied Yams:
- Provide 4 of sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped.
- Get 1 cup of sugar, divided.
- Use 1 cup of brown sugar, divided.
- Use 2 tbsp of salt.
- Use 2 tbsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Use 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- Take 1/2 stick of butter, cubed.
Steps to make Candied Yams:
- Turn stove on medium low.. Place the 2 tbsp water in bottom of pot and put in half the yams..
- Pour in half the sugar, brown sugar then add the 2 tbsp salt..
- Place other half of yams on top and put in rest of sugar, brown sugar, & all other seasonings..
- Place lid on HALFWAY. Don't cover completely..
- After about 10-12 minutes you'll see the sugar mixture boiling, DO NOT STIR. Simply flip over the TOP yams and gently push into the sugar mixture. Once flipped place lid back on HALFWAY for another 10-12 minutes..
- Turn off & remove from heat. Place cubed pieces of butter in pot and allow mixture to settle with lid on..
- If you want to add marshmallows, just pour mixture into dish & top with marshmallows, place in oven at 350 for another 10-12 minutes or until marshmallows melt..
If you find this Candied Yams recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Leave a Reply