Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Sweet Cornbread recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sweet Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Spending less In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the environment were tree huggers along with hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. Each and every family should start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. The kitchen area is a good starting point saving energy by going a lot more green.
While it may not taste as good, cooking food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is definitely greater by 75%, and possibly this small bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it relates to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a lot of electrical power and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You might think that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, nonetheless that is not true. A dishwasher is especially economical when it’s full before a cycle is going. Save even more money by air drying and also cool drying your dishes as an alternative to heat drying them.
From the above it ought to be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is quite uncomplicated to live green, after all. Mostly, all it requires is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet cornbread recipe. You can cook sweet cornbread using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sweet Cornbread:
- Use 1 1/4 cup of fine yellow cornmeal.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain flour.
- Get 1/3 cup of butter (melted and if desired, browned).
- You need 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need 2 of small eggs.
- Provide 1 cup of semi-skimmed milk.
- Provide 1/4-1/3 cup of tinned sweetcorn (pan fried in a teaspoon of butter for extra caramelisation desired).
- Use of Butter.
- Get of Maple syrup/honey.
Steps to make Sweet Cornbread:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C..
- Grease or line a 9-inch cake pan..
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder and sugar..
- Add the melted butter, milk and the eggs..
- Stir until almost combined then add the sweetcorn and mix until combined. Do not mix – there may be a couple of lumps!.
- Pour into the greased cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. The cornbread should have a lovely golden crust..
- Serve warm with salted butter and maple syrup..
If you find this Sweet Cornbread recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.