Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Pescaítos Fritos (Andalusian Style Deep Fried Baby Fish) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pescaítos Fritos (Andalusian Style Deep Fried Baby Fish) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pescaítos Fritos (Andalusian Style Deep Fried Baby Fish) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Could save you Cash.
Until fairly recently anyone who expressed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has totally changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we cannot change things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. These types of adjustments need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Keep reading for some ways to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
While it may not taste as good, baking food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. Maybe the realization that an oven utilizes 75% more energy will encourage you to use the microwave more. When it comes to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a lot of electricity and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You would be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses much more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned way, but you would be wrong. You get the maximum energy savings by fully loading the dishwasher just before commencing a wash cycle. Save even more money by air drying and also cool drying your dishes rather than heat drying them.
From the above it ought to be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Eco-friendly living just isn’t that hard. A lot of it truly is merely using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pescaítos fritos (andalusian style deep fried baby fish) recipe. To cook pescaítos fritos (andalusian style deep fried baby fish) you need 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pescaítos Fritos (Andalusian Style Deep Fried Baby Fish):
- Take 1/2 pound of baby fish (I used smelt. You could also use baby anchovy or similar baby fish.).
- You need 3/4-1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- Use 1/3 cup of corn or potato starch.
- You need 3 cups of vegetable oil for frying.
- You need 1 of fresh lemon or lime.
- Provide of You'll also need a frying basket or straining type of gadget.
Instructions to make Pescaítos Fritos (Andalusian Style Deep Fried Baby Fish):
- Soak the fish in ice water for 20 minutes or so. This will keep it from getting overcooked and tough. Then drain thoroughly. At this point, you'll want to heat start pre-heating your oil in a deep saute pan or pot (or in my case, a wok) over medium-high-ish heat to somewhere between 350 to 375F..
- Season the fish with salt and give it a few gentle tosses. Prep a wide bowl or plate with paper towels/paper bags/ or newsprint to soak up the oil and set it near the frying station..
- While the fish absorbs the seasoning, mix flour and starch in a tray or dish with sides. By this time, your oil should be ready. If you don't have a thermometer, you can check the readiness by putting a pinch of the flour mixture into the oil and if it starts gently sizzling right away, it's ready..
- Toss a third of the fish in the flour and starch mixture, shake off most of the excess, and gently lower into the oil. (Do not drop from a distance or hot oil will splatter on you.).
- Fry for 3.5 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown, giving it a stir or two halfway just to make sure everything gets evenly cooked..
- Fish* (pun intended :P) the fish out, let it drain for a few second on the side of your cooking vessel, then set it aside in your dish. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 two more times with the other two thirds of the fish..
- Serve with fresh lemon to squeeze over the fish right before eating. Enjoy! :).
If you find this Pescaítos Fritos (Andalusian Style Deep Fried Baby Fish) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.