Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Basic Homemade Seitan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Basic Homemade Seitan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Going to the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. We want a delicious, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be irritating. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
Go up the stairs. Stroll up the stairs to where you live or work as opposed to using the elevator. Obviously this isn’t as possible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a fantastic way to get some exercise in. Even if you do live or work on one of the higher floors, you can still get off of the elevator early and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. So many people pick the elevator over clambering even a single flight of stairs. That just one flight of stairs—when taken a handful of times a day—can be just the added boost that your system needs.
There are a good deal of things that work toward your getting healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or limited diets. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being smart about the choices you make each day is a start. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also critical. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your healthfulness. It’s about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to basic homemade seitan recipe. You can cook basic homemade seitan using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Basic Homemade Seitan:
- Provide 1 1/2 cups of vital wheat gluten.
- Take 1 cup of cold water or vegetable stock.
- Use 3 tsp of mushroom bouillon or any other seasoning blend.
Steps to make Basic Homemade Seitan:
- Mix 11/2 cups of vital wheat gluten with 3 tsp mushroom bouillon or any other seasoning blend. Added slowly the cold water until it becomes more firm and a little bit springy. The dough will be quite loose and moist, so this won’t feel similar to kneading bread..
- Form the dough into a vaguely log shaped blob and then roll it up tightly in a piece of tinfoil, twisting the ends tightly..
- Prepare boiling water and a steamer. Make sure to add plenty of water since this will be steaming for long time. Once the water is boiling, steam the wrapped gluten dough for 1 hour, carefully flipping it over halfway through..
- Let the cooked seitan cool to room temperature, then unwrap it and place it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours. For best result, slice seitan as needed for recipes rather than pre slicing it. The homemade seitan in log form will keep in the fridge for up to a week..
If you find this Basic Homemade Seitan recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.