Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Southern skillet Cornbread recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southern skillet Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern skillet Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t constantly enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. When our work day is done, most people do not prefer to go to the gym. We want a delicious, greasy burger, not an equally delightful salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be a chore. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
Water is the most effective drinks out there. Soda and coffee, when consumed in small amounts, aren’t that bad. Getting most of your hydration from them is a terrible idea. Choosing water as an alternative to other beverage adds to your body’s health and allows it stay hydrated. This also helps you lower your caloric intake by hundreds of points without needing to buy and eat disgusting diet foods. Water is usually one of the keys to really reducing your weight and leading a healthful lifestyle.
There are a lot of things that contribute to your getting healthy. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. Little things, when done every day, can do a lot to enable you to get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also critical. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. You need to help to make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southern skillet cornbread recipe. You can cook southern skillet cornbread using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Southern skillet Cornbread:
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of cornmeal.
- You need 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Get 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Take 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Take 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 can of cream style corn.
- Use 2 of Jalapeños seeded and minced…..(optional).
- Use 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter. (1 stick).
- Get 1/4 cup of bacon grease (or additional butter).
Instructions to make Southern skillet Cornbread:
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet on the center rack of the oven..
- While the oven is heating, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, corn, eggs and jalapeños. Slowly whisk in the butter. Whisk the buttermilk mixture into the cornmeal mixture until just combined. Add the bacon grease to the hot cast iron skillet and swirl to make sure entire bottom of the skillet is coated. Pour the batter into the hot skillet, smoothing the top into an even layer..
- While the oven is heating, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk.
- . Bake until the cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, slice into wedges and serve hot..
If you find this Southern skillet Cornbread recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.