Straight from a British Home! Easy Apple Crumble.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, straight from a british home! easy apple crumble. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Straight from a British Home! Easy Apple Crumble is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Straight from a British Home! Easy Apple Crumble is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook straight from a british home! easy apple crumble using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Straight from a British Home! Easy Apple Crumble:
- Take 1 large of Apple.
- Make ready 50 grams of Sugar.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- Prepare of Crumble dough.
- Get 100 grams of Flour (cake flour).
- Prepare 50 grams of Butter.
- Get 30 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare of Custard (optional).
- Take 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 150 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 20 grams of Sugar.
- Take 1 dash of Vanilla essence or rum (optional).
Steps to make Straight from a British Home! Easy Apple Crumble:
- If you plan to make custard then take the milk out of the fridge and allow it to warm to room temperature in advance..
- Slice the apple into 6-8 equal pieces and remove the core. Then cut the pieces into 5 mm thick wedges. It doesn't matter if you don't peel them..
- Coat the apples in sugar and cinnamon powder and pack them into the bottom of a heat-resistant dish (I used light brown sugar)..
- Place the flour and butter into a plastic bag and rub together with your fingers until it becomes like fine panko (don't worry if a few lumps remain)..
- Mix the sugar into the mixture from Step 4 (this amount of sugar will make the crumble quite sweet so you can reduce it if you wish)..
- Lay the crumble over the apples from Step 3, and press it down with the palms of your hands to even out the surface..
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C until the surface is golden. This should take approximately 40 minutes..
- [Custard] Combine the eggs, sugar and 2 tablespoons of milk in a small saucepan and stir until smooth..
- Warm the remaining milk in a microwave for 40 seconds without letting it boil. Then pour it into the saucepan a little at a time..
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and continue to stir, without letting the mixture boil, until it thickens. When thick, stop the heat and add a dash of rum to finish..
- Serve a portion of crumble in a dish with some hot custard..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food straight from a british home! easy apple crumble recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Leave a Reply