Pozole (Mexican Hominy Stew).
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, pozole (mexican hominy stew). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Pozole (Mexican Hominy Stew) is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Pozole (Mexican Hominy Stew) is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook pozole (mexican hominy stew) using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Pozole (Mexican Hominy Stew):
- Make ready 1.5 of # Pozole (Hominy) may be canned or fresh most often found in Latin Stores.
- Prepare 1.5 of # Pork Butt (Boston Butt) or other suitable Port Roast cut in large chunks (2 in.).
- Get 1.5 of # Pork Belly cut in large chunks (2in.).
- Take 10 of large Dried Chiles (Guajillo, New Mexico).
- Prepare 1 of Yellow or White Onion stuck with 2-4 whole cloves.
- Get 1 Tbsp of +/- Garlic.
- Take 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Take 2 tsp of Toasted Cumin Seeds (important to toast them).
- Get of Salt and Pepper.
- Take of Lime wedges, Finely Chopped Onion, Chopped Cilantro, Oregano for garnish.
Instructions to make Pozole (Mexican Hominy Stew):
- If using fresh Hominy (Pozole), soak overnight as you would dried beans if you want. If using canned Hominy, skip to step 3. I have to say either Pozole works, but fresh gives that "authentic" flair..
- Drain the hominy and put in a large "caldero" or soup pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Let simmer briskly for 1 hour..
- During Hominy cooking, toast Chiles in skillet or grill top taking care not to burn and develop a really off flavor. After, slit lengthwise and remove stems and seeds..
- Place Chiles in pot with 4 cups of water, simmer 30 minutes and allow to cool. Blend to a paste using some of the water you simmered with making a consistency of roughly pancake batter..
- Season Pork Belly and Shoulder with Salt and Pepper. I prefer to sear (Brown) the Shoulder, but the choice is yours. Either way, after Pozole has been cooking 1 hour, add the Pork Belly and Shoulder to the pot. Add the Onion with Cloves, Toasted Cumin Seeds, Bay Leaf and Garlic..
- Cover with enough water 2 inches, then bring back to a brisk simmer. Top with water occasionally and taste broth for salt, simmer for about 2 1/2 hours more, meat should be tender and pozole grains should have softened and burst. Skim fat from surface if desired..
- Add 1 cup chile purée and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and correct seasoning. Add more purée if desired..
- When serving, put pozole, meat and broth into big bowls. Garnish with pieces of thinly sliced cabbage, diced onion, lime wedges, cilantro and oregano as desired..
- In my pic, I had White Rice left over so I just served over that. I KNOW….2 starches…..sue me!.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food pozole (mexican hominy stew) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Leave a Reply