Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Vickys Sausages with Mustard Mash & Onion Gravy, GF DF EF SF NF recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vickys Sausages with Mustard Mash & Onion Gravy, GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Sausages with Mustard Mash & Onion Gravy, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. At the end of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some tips to be as healthy as possible.
Make smart decisions when grocery shopping. When you make good decisions at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier immediately. At the end of your day do you really want to deal with jampacked grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You’re going to go home and cook what you have in the cupboards. Fill your cupboards with nutritious foods. This makes it easy to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is obviously better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are lots of things you can do to become healthy. Intensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. You can do tiny things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. Looking to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about slimming down. It has more to do with making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys sausages with mustard mash & onion gravy, gf df ef sf nf recipe. To make vickys sausages with mustard mash & onion gravy, gf df ef sf nf you only need 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Vickys Sausages with Mustard Mash & Onion Gravy, GF DF EF SF NF:
- You need 1 of good splash of olive oil.
- Get 1 knob of dairy-free spread / butter.
- You need 3 of unpeeled garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tbsp of picked thyme leaves.
- Use 3 of onions, finely sliced.
- Get to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 kg of / 2 lbs starchy potatoes, peeled and halved.
- You need 8 of good quality gluten-free pork sausages.
- Take 1 tbsp of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare 500 ml of ham stock (Knorr brand is free-from).
- Provide 100 ml of light coconut milk or alternative.
- Provide 50 ml of coconut cream or alternative.
- Use 1 tsp of wholegrain mustard or to taste.
Instructions to make Vickys Sausages with Mustard Mash & Onion Gravy, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Preheat oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400°F.
- Put a good splash of oil and a knob of butter into a saucepan and heat on medium. Squash the garlic and when the butter melts add it to the pan with the thyme leaves.
- When the pan starts to sizzle add all of the onions with a pinch of salt and stir around to coat in the flavoured oil.
- Turn heat to low and put a lid on the pan. Leave them to cook for 15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put the potatoes in a large pan of salted cold water and let come to the boil, then turn down to a gentle simmer.
- Also put a small roasting tin on the stove top..
- Add a splash of oil then put the sausages in. Brown them on all sides.
- Remove the sausages and put the onions in an even layer on the bottom of the tin, then put the sausages back on top.
- Put in the oven for 25 minutes and when your potatoes are done, start the mash.
- Drain the potatoes and add into the pan the other knob of butter, milk, cream, mustard and season to taste. You may like more mustard. I make this quite mild so the kids won't say it's yucky lol.
- When the sausages and onions are done remove the sausages from the roasting tin but keep them warm in a low oven while you make the gravy.
- Put the roasting tin with the onions in back on the stove top. Pour off any excess fat. Add the flour to the onions and stir in.
- Add the stock then over a high heat let the gravy thicken. Scrape the good sticky bits from the bottom of the tin in, these hold all the flavour. Reduce down until you have a nice thick gravy.
- Serve with the sausages on top of a layer of mash with the gravy poured over and seasonal veg.
If you find this Vickys Sausages with Mustard Mash & Onion Gravy, GF DF EF SF NF recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.