Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Lowering costs Inside the Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the ecosystem. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared burden we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some improvements. This needs to happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. The cooking area is a good starting point saving energy by going much more green.
Start out with exchanging the light bulbs. This will probably go beyond the kitchen, nonetheless that is okay. The normal light bulbs are the incandescent type, which should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. These bulbs are usually energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is definitely lower, and, although they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Changing the light bulbs would likely keep a lot of bulbs out of the landfills, and that’s good. Together with different light bulbs, you need to learn to leave the lights off whenever they are not needed. The kitchen lights specifically tend to be left on the whole day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. This also happens in the rest of the house, but we’re trying to save money in the kitchen. Make a practice of having the lights on only when they are required, and you’ll be surprised at the amount of electricity you save.
The kitchen on its own provides you with many small means by which energy and money can be saved. Green living is not that hard. Largely, all it will take is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sticky rice chicken dumplings wrapped in banana leaf recipe. To cook sticky rice chicken dumplings wrapped in banana leaf you need 20 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf:
- Use 4 of chicken thighs, skinless and boneless, cut into small 1/4" chunks.
- Take 1 of chicken breast, skinless, cut into 1/4" chunks.
- Use of Marinade.
- Take 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Take 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Provide 2 of shallots, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sake.
- Use 1 tbsp of chili-garlic sauce.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chinese five spice.
- Take 1/4 tsp of fish sauce.
- Use 1 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger paste or minced ginger.
- Provide 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Take 2 tsp of corn starch.
- Provide 2 cups of thai sticky rice (see description for notes).
- Prepare 200 g of shiitake mushrooms, destemmed and sliced thin.
- Take 3 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of peanut oil (or other frying oil).
- Prepare 3 of large banana leaves.
- Use of bamboo skewerd.
Instructions to make Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf:
- Combine chicken, shallots and marinade ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for one hour up to 4 hours..
- Put rice in a large bowl and submerge fully in water. Let soak for at least one hour up to 3..
- After at least an hour of soaking, drain the water from the rice and add 2 cups fresh water and 2 tbsp soy sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to barely maintain a simmer. Cover the rice and cook for 20 minutes..
- Put 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil and peanut oil each in a wok over medium high heat. When the oil starts to smoke add half of the mushrooms. Cook until golden brown. Remove and set aside. Then do the other half of the mushrooms..
- Reduce heat to medium and add another 1/2 tsp of each of the oils and add 1/3 of chicken mix. Cook until golden brown..
- We are cooking in batches as to not crowd the pan. So you'll repeat thos twice more with thw remaining chicken. When the pan gets dry add a couple tablespoons of sake rather than oil..
- Combine the stir fried chicken and mushrooms. Toss and set aside..
- While you're waiting for the rice to finish prepare your banana leaves. Cut 4 sheets about 18 inches long and another four sheets about 10 inches long..
- After 20 minutes test the rice for doneness by scooping out a small hole in the middle. If all the water is done you're good to go. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature..
- Place one long sheet and one short sheet of leaf down on a flat surafce perpendicular to each other..
- Take a handful of rice and pat it down into a circular base. You're looking for about 1/4 inch thick and 8 inches in diameter..
- Spoon the chicken mix onto the rice. Leave about 1/4 inch around the perimeter of the rice uncovered..
- Take another handful and cover the chicken, making a dome..
- Fold the sides of the banana leaves in lengrhwise..
- Bring in the top of the leaf as of you were folding a present. Secure by weaving the skewere through the layers of leaves. Break off the excess..
- Repeat with the bottom..
- Finish the other 3 dumplings. You can now refrigerate these for up to four days, or go straight to heating if you're ready to eat..
- Heat the banana leaves over low heat on a grill. About 10 minutes each side. Alternatively you can put the leaves in an oven at 325F for 20 minutes..
If you find this Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Leave a Reply