Slow Cooker Ratatouille.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, slow cooker ratatouille. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Slow Cooker Ratatouille is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Slow Cooker Ratatouille is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook slow cooker ratatouille using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Ratatouille:
- Take 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Make ready 2 of red onions, chopped.
- Get 3 of Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped.
- Make ready 3 large of garlic cloves, peeled and smashed.
- Get 2 small of eggplant, ends trimmed, cut into large chunks.
- Prepare 3 small of zucchini, ends trimmed, cut into large chunks.
- Get 4 of bell peppers (assorted colors), seeded, cut into large chunks.
- Get 3 medium of tomatoes, seeded, cut into medium chunks.
- Get 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves (or 1 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves).
- Make ready 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, or more to taste.
- Take 1 of Kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of arrowroot or cornstarch.
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Ratatouille:
- In a large sauté pan or skillet, heat the oil over low heat, and add the onions, potatoes and garlic cloves. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, until the onions just begin to get translucent and the garlic hasn't begun to brown. Transfer the contents to a 6- or 7-quart slow cooker..
- Add the eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, wine and thyme leaves. Cook on LOW for 3-1/2 hours, stirring once during that time..
- Turn the cooker to HIGH, and add the balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Mix the arrowroot or cornstarch with 6 tablespoons of water, to make a slurry. Pour that into the slow cooker and stir. Cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes on HIGH. The liquid in the cooker will be slightly thickened (and it will thicken more if you let the ratatouille chill in the refrigerator)..
- Serve hot, at room temperature, or cold..
- credit to: http://www.theperfectpantry.com/.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food slow cooker ratatouille recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!